Sunday, January 12, 2014

Most Talkative

I thoroughly enjoyed painting this guy with his ruffled feathers.  The title came from it being "Senior Superlative" time and our youngest is a high school senior. She was absolutely thrilled and delighted to be voted...wait for it...Class Clown! Yup. Not in a disruptive way, she's just really funny! :o)
I've submitted this guy to this week's Daily Paintworks Challenge, painting summer in winter. And right now, it's 42 degrees in Maine this morning and so I am...off to the ocean!
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD

4 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

Love this gull, Brenda. He looks like a right sassy thing, don't you think? I love to watch them at the beach.They really have attitude. Your colors look so pure.

Gabrielle said...

Nice color palette! And I really get the sense of softness and volume on its body.

I ran across your painting on Daily Paintworks so had to come comment.

Congratulations to your daughter!

Mary Valente said...

Brenda this is great! I feel the softness of the feathers and the perky personality. And linking it to your daughter being clever and comedic...very fun!

Studio at the Farm said...

This is really so very beautifully done, Brenda! I hope you have a great time at the beach. :)
Kathryn