Sunday, August 25, 2013

Whatever Floats Your Boat

Here's another plein air painting I did on the coast in nearby Belfast, Maine. I've discovered I really enjoy painting boats!  I also discovered I really enjoy sharing the steps along the way...so there are more images below.
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD

I chose three boats to paint and loosely sketched them in with cad red on the prepared black panel.

Here's a closer look.

As I was painting, three friends who just happened to be enjoying Belfast that day stopped by to visit and check out the view. What a delightful surprise!

Here's the finished piece and if you look closely you can maybe see which boats I painted.

And a closer look.

While I was relaxing in the harbor painting all afternoon, my hubby biked the grueling hill-filled  25 miles from our home to Belfast to meet me! So after an afternoon of very different kinds of work for each of us, we chilled at a great outdoor tapas bar and revived ourselves. 

No comments: