Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Silver and Gold

I enjoy the challenge of painting feathers...such delicate things, sheer in parts and varying textures. 
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 + $10 domestic shipping
 
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

Here's the feather I was looking at...

I mixed a few grays before beginning

I used my rubber tipped color shaper to loosely sketch in the placement and shape

 I began with the darker areas

 Built up the background a bit with a thinned wash of Yellow Ochre


Worked on the shadows

Refined the shape and finished with the details

2 comments:

Art Maine said...

Feathering

Watching feathers grow
on young fledglings is
to behold nature
unfolding in all
its awe, magical.

Watching a feather
grow on your canvas
is to behold fine art
unfolding in all
its awe, beautiful.

suzanneberry said...

So enjoyed seeing this gem develop !! The under painting of lavender really comes through in the finish. One of my favorites!!! And we know how we feel about feathers!