Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It's Simple

This is another painting inspired by my friend Carol's reference photo. I love the simplicity of it. I tried two new things with this piece. I usually tone my panel before beginning but decided not to for this one. So I began with a white panel. This allowed me to discover the second new thing. When I was creating the glass jar, rather than painting all the white highlights, I used my rubber scraper to remove paint, leaving the white panel beneath. It worked beautifully! I'll definitely be using this technique again.
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 + $10 domestic shipping

or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

1 comment:

suzanneberry said...

this is so wonderful!! i love every inch of it! and what a great way to do the jar! thanks so much for sharing this technique!!