Sunday, November 24, 2013

Lost

A couple of years ago I spent some time hiking in southern Maine with friends. It was a beautiful place and a glorious day. I was totally focused snapping shot after shot with my camera...enjoying myself. Until I discovered that in my excitement to capture all this beauty, I had gotten separated from my pals, wandered off the trail and couldn't find my way back. After 20 or so VERY uncomfortable (ie. PANICKED!) minutes of shouting and imagining every possible scenario of how this late afternoon might lead to a night by myself, my friends and I were reunited! They soon realized I wasn't following behind and came back in the direction we'd come...but it took a while. I was never so glad to see anybody in my life! I got some great shots though! 
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 + $10 domestic shipping
 
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

1 comment:

suzanneberry said...

This painting is evidence of a very successful afternoon of reference shots! Your treatment of trees, shrubs, grass sky...landscapes would have covered it, is masterful! The sky blues.and lavenders so compliment the greenery and the rust of the hillside completes a wonderful palette! You KNOW how to use color to create harmony so well. This is one of your best my friend!

I'm so happy you were reunited with your friends, that could have been a very uncomfortable evening!