Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fine Line

I don't know if this is a real 'sweet spot', but I'm having fun with the shadows falling on two different colored objects and making them read that way. You'll be seeing more of that sort of thing in upcoming posts. Thought I'd include a bit of the process for this one since I remembered to take photos along the way. And here's some of the inspiring music I painted to. (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'music' and go to Open Link in New Tab.)



Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping
 
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

6 comments:

c.dingman said...

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the process. I like the negative spaces as well.

Linda Popple said...

I like your painting and music!

Sandy Graeser Haynes said...

I love ALL your paintings, Brenda. thanks for sharing the process in this one....

Angie said...

Lovely and fresh piece! I love seeing processes too :)

Art Maine said...

On the Edge
and edgy in the
familiarity within
the shadows


These three pear,
not three pair,
tell the tale,

about that line,
the one that's so fine,
where blue meets white

at a slant,
make's this one
a little edgy, nice.

Virginia Floyd said...

Love seeing your process! Great graphic painting!