Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Menage a Trois

I'm having FUN with this new series...more of my daily tools. The brushes allow me to work on various textures all in one subject, the bristles, the wooden handles and the metal ferrules. I've not done a lot of shiny metal surfaces before and I'm really enjoying figuring out how to render them with paint. And of course always experimenting with shadows...their color and part in the overall composition. Here's the rocking music that had me paintdancing (Is that a word? It should be.) (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'music' and go to Open Link in New Tab.)
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD

4 comments:

c.dingman said...

The metal looks great. The wood is well done with bits of paint on it. Perfect

Evhe said...

I love this painting! Good job! :)

Art Maine said...

The Rest of the Story
Deep Thoughts

Intrigued
by the
unseen
brush you
used to
paint this
fine brushes
painting.

Watermarycolors said...

I love this one!! and the title is great.. :)
Cheers!