Friday, March 9, 2012

Vine Ripe and Red-y

Lately I've been pondering quality of light and how it affects various objects. I'm particularly interested in transparency and translucency and how to render them with an opaque medium.  I've discovered that not only does the paint color itself impact this (some are more transparent than others) but I can get the effect I want by using more mineral spirits and/or medium (I use Liquin.) Some fun music to paint to. (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'music' and go to Open Link in New Tab.)
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD

2 comments:

Sunny Avocado Art said...

Like the way you piled them and I love what you achieved using your new transparency/translucency musings. Nice!

Mikko Tyllinen said...

This is absolultey gorgeous Brenda!