Sunday, March 25, 2012

Back on Top

I love the perspective on this one. All of these in the pig series are done on panels coated with black gesso. I find I've been sticking to that lately and really liking the effect. After the first few paintings in this series, I went into my studio  one day to find our dog chewing on this pig! Porcelain deficiency in her diet?? Anyway, I glued his ear back on , polished some of the rough spots and he's no worse for the wear. Some cool music to paint to. (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'music' and go to Open Link in New Tab.)
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD

4 comments:

Fay Terry said...

Hi Brenda, I have really been enjoying the pig series and meaning to comment on how great these paintings are! Your dog must be related to mine who surprises me once in awhile by chewing on the most unexpected items.

c.dingman said...

Hi Brenda, You just keep coming up with such fun images with this series. Great perspective.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

My felines knocked mine off the table and I found it in pieces on the studio floor. It's glued back together and really when I paint it, no one can tell.
I'm loving your pig paintings.

Sunny Avocado Art said...

Your perspective is great...you did it well! Didn't know how you would change it up for the next in the pig series...but you did! Now...what will come next dot dot dot.