Thursday, February 9, 2012

Memories of Meme

This beautiful transparent mint green platter was given to me by my dear friend after her mom passed away. It belonged to her mother, Meme. Since that time I've had it in mind for painting. Lately I've wanted to paint the rich waxy warmth of persimmons. They seemed like the perfect pairing. Now I'm wondering, besides painting, what does one do with persimmons? Enjoy the music (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'music' and go to Open Link in New Tab.)
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

8 comments:

suzanneberry said...

lovely! your reds never seem too hot! how do you do that?

Dottie T Leatherwood said...

I think you can eat them? But these are much too pretty for that! Love the color composition and the lines here and there.

Kathy Mallat said...

I'm honored, Bren...just as I know my Mom would be. I remember that platter being used on many occassions for petit fours, or fancy little sandwiches (and, now for cheese and crackers at your annual Open House!). But your choice of persimmons provides the perfect burst of color here. And, I love the way my eye trails along that smooth glass edge. Thanks for the memories...

Lorraine Shirkus said...

Amazing light!

Meghan said...

It's beautiful Bren! I know exactly what platter that is - you nailed it!

c.dingman said...

Beautiful color, shadow, and compostion everything comes together in this painting.

Anonymous said...

Great work! The way of your brush strokes, the way you're setting the lights and shadows, the colours... really love it. You're making the simplest things become the biggest adventures. :)

Virginia Floyd said...

I really like this one! Great composition...I like how the persimmons are in the upper right, and the platter and shadow fills in the rest of the canvas. Great light on the persimmons, too!