Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Hot Bunch

I think this is my first try with radishes. It was challenging at first to get the red right. Cadmium Red was too warm for radishes. Alizarin and Permanent Rose were not quite right by themselves, either. But once I got all three in there, it seemed to work. Here are some steps in the process and of course, some music for my inspiration and your pleasure. (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'music' and go to Open Link in New Tab.)
 Oil on panel, 6" x 6" 
SOLD

2 comments:

Dottie T Leatherwood said...

These are great! They just glow...I might be stealing that red combination!

The Muse of The Day said...

You may have had a bit of a hiccup getting the red right, but I think you definitely got it! Seeing the painting makes me realize just how bad I want spring to get here. How about you? Are you sick of winter yet? Carolina