Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lone Leaf

We've had this fairly large plant on a bureau in our bathroom for years. Lately it's kind of taken on a life of its own. I was in there the other day trying to dry my hair and the darn thing kept getting in the way. I pushed it aside and tried to shove my way to the mirror...but this lone leaf kept pushing back! When I finally stopped long enough to look at it, it was soooo beautiful...all back lit and glowing from the lamp under it! So I got my camera and took its picture...geez, I can take a hint.
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

3 comments:

Fay Terry said...

Very nice job with the back;ighting!

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautiful saturated color, Brenda. Sometimes the things that irritate us can be so beautiful if we step back, take a deep breath and just be in the moment.

Eileen said...

Looks like a sunset behind a beautiful tropical plant :) Gorgeous!!!! Like a small child that wants attention and no one notices his real beauty until the right person comes into his life :) Reminded me of one of my students ... just saying. Have a great day on this stormy day!!!