Monday, May 5, 2014

Sumo Pair

Oh pears...how I have missed you! I painted this last week. I'd worked all morning on a landscape and after completing the entire thing, ended up wiping it. Trying to fix what wasn't working wasn't working either. But I hate to end a painting session that way and hey, I had all afternoon, so chose my favorite subject and began another. I'm so glad I did. Not only am I really pleased with it, but I thoroughly enjoyed painting it. Could be because it was a familiar subject...could be becasue I was working from my friend Carol's image...it was probably both that had me smiling the whole time. :o) I couldn't help but seeing two Sumo wrestlers resisting each other the way they do.
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD

4 comments:

Wendy Barrett said...

This is eye-popping Brenda - it leaps off the screen! Beautiful!

suzanneberry said...

ONE OF YOUR FINEST!!! absolutely LOVE this my friend. and it's so helpful to see that you don't give up, you keep going. i give up far too easily. thank you!!

Unknown said...

You see Sumo wrestlers and I see two pears in love! They are beautifully painted........it must be the joy!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This is slam banging'
and…... what Suzanne said ;)