Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Something's Fishy

I'm just returning from a GLORIOUS memorable week out west visiting my friend, Carol Marine, in Oregon. What a time we had! Among loads of other fun, we painted together. After three fish markets, we found the beauties we were looking for. I had the first shot at the sardines...since I worked from photos. Then Carol set up her still life with the real things. Poor girl...the warm lights did nothing to help with the smell! Neither of us looked at the others' set up or painting until we were both completely finished. I don't know about the fish, but Carol and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! 
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 + $10 domestic shipping
 
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

4 comments:

Sunny Avocado Art said...

Thank you for the story that went with the fish! I am jealous, I would love to paint with either of you. (Truth be told, I actually couldn't paint near you guys, but I'd have to watch your process.)

Guess I'll settle for seeing the results, love it!

suzanneberry said...

And it shows! What an incredible time! And this is beautifully done! I live the rich blues! Welcome home! You and your work was missed!

Carol Flatt said...

Brenda, the painting is just delightful. It makes me smile. Something about the sardines comes through in sharpness, clarity, and energy. So glad you both had a great time!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Love the painting and oh yeah, you're the girl from Dixmont :D