Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Lone Ranger

This is a beautiful twisted piece of driftwood I brought home one time from our land in Cape Breton. We attached it to the deck railing to hang a bird feeder from. It's received LOADS of traffic. I love the simplicity of this composition. In fact I have lots of other reference photos of the grackles on this 'pole' and I'm thinking they'd look great on some larger tall narrow canvases. Here's the musical inspiration as I painted. Love it!
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD

2 comments:

Art Maine said...

The Model Speaks
Once upon a daytime dreary,
the artist pondered me, the weary,
now that she knew my name wasn't
Raven, of that long forgotten lore.
While my neck glistened with a blue
she picked up on this subtle hue,
and with her oil brush she drew,
painting like it was no chore.
"It grackles fine art," I muttered,
while perching on my driftwood floor,
"it's only me, nothing more,
The Lone Stranger, just me,
nothing more, nevermore."

With a nod to Edgar Allen Poe's
The Raven
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-
Only this, and nothing more."

suzanneberry said...

absolutely perfect composition and use of color. as always, outstanding work!