Sunday, May 13, 2012

There's One in Every Crowd

This begins another series...my tools, first my paints. When I was done with this one, I felt the whole painting was too cool (as in temperature, not status). So days later, before posting it, I warmed up the background with a very diluted wash of Cadmium yellow and white, wiped most of it off and was left with a warmer background. I've never really done that before but it produced the desired effect. Can't get enough of this music. (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'music' and go to Open Link in New Tab.) 
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping
 
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

5 comments:

c.dingman said...

Wonderfully painted and so clever.

Karla said...

This one made me smile. Well done!

Cmichaudart said...

great idea and well done.

Debbie said...

I love what you did with the background! it gives it such a sunny look, and great texture too.. I also love the fun title you gave it.
(and.. super cool music! loved that too!)

Sunny Avocado Art said...

This one is my favorite of your paint tube series. Just love 'em!