Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to Back

This is from a photo taken at the Common Ground Country Fair this year.  My friend and fellow artist, Kathy Mallat and I go together each year to savor the sights, sounds, smells and to shoot loads of reference photos. The thing that always amazes us is that we can be standing next to each other and be totally drawn to completely different subjects. While Kath was photographing the fair goers for her gorgeous figurative paintings, I was right next to her photographing this small still life.The title Back to Back refers not only to these mini pumpkins, but to the way Kath and I were viewing the fair in terms of possible paintings. Cool , huh?
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping

3 comments:

Angela Sullivan said...

Oh So Good!

Eileen said...

love,love,love it!!!! :)

Kathy Mallat said...

Very cool!! Seeing your fair paintings makes me anxious to get "back to" my own easel. Soon! In the meantime, I'll enjoy reliving the day through YOUR eyes.
As always, your vibrant colors just glow on and on! I love the suggested foreground, too. Well done, my friend!