Sunday, July 10, 2011

Heart of the Matter

This painting began looking like this, below.
I usually finish the paintings in one session and move on, but I kept coming back to the background of this one. I tried to ignore it, really I did (ha!) but alas, it wouldn't let me. I didn't quite know why I didn't like it or what to do, but after staring at it day after day, I just took the plunge and went with the magenta background. I think it's livelier... you?
Oil on panel, 6" x6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

6 comments:

Dee Doyle said...

The magenta looks great! Good complement. Makes the apple pop!

Linda Popple said...

I like the more lively colors! Very nice!

Eileen said...

oh yeah... may I have a slice with your Curry Chicken salad on it?? mmmmmmm :)

Kathy Mallat said...

I think they're both delicious, but the lively magenta is absolutely more...you!

Connie Smiley said...

You're right! It's a wonderful painting, and magenta is the best!

Fay Terry said...

That was a good change to make, although the first one looks pretty good to me. The magenta improved it and made the apples really stand out.